- “Uncovering the Potential of Honolulu’s Hidden Streams” Next City, August 22, 2016, found at: https://nextcity.org/features/view/honolulu-sustainable-development-auwai-howard-hughes
- “To Connect With Nature Live in the City, Huffington Post, July 1, 2016, found at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jared-green/biophilic-cities-lead-the_b_10632830.html
- “NATURALLY BETTER: UVA-LED PROJECT BRINGS GREENER LOOK TO D.C.” UVA Today, https://news.virginia.edu/content/naturally-better-uva-led-project-brings-greener-look-dc
- “UVA Professor Promotes Natureful Cities” WVTF public radio, June 1, 2016, found at:http://wvtf.org/post/uva-professor-promotes-natureful-cities#stream/0
- “The dangers of eco-gentrification: what’s the best way to make a city greener?” The Guardian, May 6, 2015. http://www.theguardian.com/cities/2015/may/06/dangers-ecogentrification-best-way-make-city-greener
- “Collected Ideas That Bring Hope for a Greener, Healthier World.” Huffington Post, April 20, 2015. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/f-kaid-benfield/collected-ideas-that-brin_b_7097002.html
- “Extinction of Experience: Does it Matter?,” Huffington Post, April 10, 2015, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marianne-krasny/extinction-of-experience-_b_7035252.html
- “Green Cities Provide Demonstrable Health Benefits,” Sourceable, January 12, 2015, https://sourceable.net/green-cities-provide-demonstrable-health-benefits/
- “What Underwater Canyons Can Teach Us About the Future of Urbanism,” Laura Bliss, CityLab August 18, 2015. http://www.citylab.com/politics/2014/08/what-underwater-canyons-can-teach-us-about-urbanism/378633/
- “To make our cities green, we have to think blue” Grist, September 25, 2015, http://grist.org/cities/to-make-our-cities-green-we-have-to-think-blue/
- “Blue Cities Have a Sustainable Relationship with Oceans,” Jared Green, Huffington Post, September 16, 2015. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jared-green/blue-cities-have-a-sustai_b_5830482.html
- “If these corals can make it in Miami, they’ll make it anywhere” Grist, September 22, 2015, http://grist.org/climate-energy/if-these-corals-can-make-it-in-miami-theyll-make-it-anywhere/
- “Milwaukee Sees the Light: How one rust belt city found the key to its rebirth: bringing nature and people closer together,” OnEarth, July 17, 2014.
Found at: http://www.onearth.org/articles/2014/07/who-needs-portlandia-when-youve-got-milwaukee
- “The Rise of Biophilic Cities,” Eco-Business.com
Found at: http://www.eco-business.com/news/green-mashup-rise-biophilic-cities/
- “Green Cities Are Better For Us,” The Globe and Mail, July 6, 2014.
Found at: http://www.popularresistance.org/green-cities-are-better-for-us/
- “What Makes a Biophilic City?” Landscape Architects Network, July 4, 2014
Found at: http://landarchs.com/biophilic-city/
- “Migrating to the city: How researchers are beginning to think differently about urban biodiversity,” ScienceLine, June 30, 2014.
Found at: http://scienceline.org/2014/06/migrating-to-the-city/
- “Birmingham joins San Francisco and Oslo in global green cities club,” The Guardian, April 3, 2014. Found at: http://www.theguardian.com/cities/2014/apr/03/birmingham-san-francisco-oslo-global-green-biophilic-cities-club
- “Habitats for humanity: Why our cities need to be ecosystems, too,” Grist, March 21, 2014.
Found at: http://grist.org/cities/habitats-for-humanity-why-our-cities-need-to-be-ecosystems-too/
- “Language of love: Can biophilia capture the heart of our cities?,” Intertwine.org, February 12, 2014, Found at: http://theintertwine.org/blog/language-love
- “Cities The Lorax Could Love: ‘Biophilic Urbanism’ Aims to Bring City Dwellers Back to Nature,” Livability.org, 2014. Found at: http://livability.com/health-and-wellness/cities-lorax-could-love-biophilic-urbanism-aims-bring-city-dwellers-back-nature
- “More bugs, more plants: a crash course on biophilic cities,” TheCityFix.org, September, 2013.
Found at: http://thecityfix.com/blog/more-bugs-more-plants-urban-spaces-crash-course-biophilic-cities-tim-beatley/
- “Biophilic Cities: A Q&A With Tim Beatley” Nature Sacred, January 15, 2013.
Found at: http://naturesacred.org/biophilic-cities-a-qa-with-tim-beatley/
- “Urban Biodiversity Gains New Converts,” BioScience, 2013.
Found at: http://bioscience.oxfordjournals.org/content/63/2/72.short
- “Why We Need Biophilic Cities,” FastCompany. com, May 16, 2012
Found at: http://www.fastcoexist.com/1679821/why-we-need-biophilic-citie
- “Biophilic Cities: This is Your City on Nature,” Sustainable Cities, August, 2012, found at: